Last updated on June 11, 2015
What Information ADT Collects:
- In General: When you use the Site and in order to provide you with the Services, you may be asked to provide personal information such as:
- Name and/or business name
- Home address and/or business address
- Home, business, or mobile telephone number
- Email address(es)
- Credit, debit, or other payment account number and related information
- Date of birth
- Product Specific: Certain products or Services may require additional information such as:
- Video and still-images from your monitoring devices
- Geolocation information including physical location of your device by using satellite, cell phone tower, or WiFi signals.
How ADT Collects Information: Your personal and non-personal information is collected in various ways in connection with the Site and Services:
- In many cases you give information directly to us. For example, you may be required to provide us personal information when:
- Registering for the Services or an account on our Site
- Signing up for special offers from ADT and selected third parties
- Submitting a form or transmitting information to us
- Submitting your credit card or other payment information
- We may also collect information from you using certain technologies, for example:
- Device Data: We may collect data such as the status and physical location of your monitoring devices or your personal devices to provide your Services.
- Cookies: We may receive and store certain information about your browsing preferences by using ADT and third party cookies. Cookies are small text files placed on your computer to customize your experience.
- Web Beacons: We may collect information about your browsing activates by using web beacons. Web beacons are transparent graphic pixels that are placed on web pages that enable us or a third party to track your actions on the Site and deliver interest-based advertisements.
We may combine the information you provide with information we receive from you offline, as well as with information we receive about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms and other third parties.
Your personal and non-personal information is collected in a variety of ways on ADT’s website and when you use ADT’s services. Certain ADT products or services may require the collection of additional information such as video and location information. You may be required to provide a minimum amount of information in order to receive ADT”s services.
Information Use and Sharing
How ADT Uses Your Information: We may use the personal and non-personal information you provide us for our business purposes, including:
- Setting up your Services
- Providing your Services and products
- Processing payments for your Services
- Contacting you regarding your Services and responding to your inquiries and comments
- Enhancing, improving, or modifying our Site and Services
- Developing new products and services
- Conducting data analysis, including fraud monitoring and prevention
- Providing marketing and promotional materials
- Customer retention, feedback, and reactivation programs
- Engaging in lead generation activities
If you submit any information to us relating to another person, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Policy.
How ADT Shares Your Information: We share your information in the following ways:
- Third Parties: We do not sell your information to third parties for their own marketing purposes. We may share your information with affiliates, partners, and service providers (including ADT Authorized Dealers) to provide some of our Services and to complete our business purposes.
- Legal Authorities: We may also disclose your information for legal reasons including to comply with a subpoena or court order, to cooperate with law enforcement, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- Emergency Services: In order to provide our Services, we will share your information with third party emergency service providers such as police departments, fire departments, and emergency medical services.
- Transfer in the Event of Sale or Change of Control: We may transfer your information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
Note: This Policy does not address the privacy practices of any third parties or service providers.
We use your information for our business purposes. Your information will be shared with other companies to deliver or enhance ADT's website and services. Also, we will share your information for legal reasons, including to cooperate with legal authorities, when we receive valid requests, and to protect our rights. We may also transfer your information in the event of a sale of all or any part of our company.
How Can I Opt-Out: Visit the Digital Advertising Alliance's Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising to opt out of interest-based advertising from participating companies. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and opt out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. You can learn about Adobe’s practices, and how to opt out of them, by going to http://www.adobe.com/privacy/opt-out.html.
Many web browsers accept cookies by default. You may accept or decline cookies as you prefer. The “help” portion of your browser typically tells you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
ADT’s website does not respond to browser Do Not Track signals, but you can opt-out of interested based ads by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance Consumer Choice Page.
Collection from Minors
What Information ADT Collects from Children: ADT's Site and Services are intended for a general audience and we do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals that are 13 years old or younger.
We do not target or knowingly collect personal information from people 13 years old or younger.
How ADT Protects Your Information: We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect your information. Unfortunately, no information transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please contact us immediately.
We do our best to protect your information.
How You Update Your Information: You are responsible for ensuring your information provided through the Site or Services is accurate. To review and update your information for accuracy, please login to your ADT account.
How ADT Notifies You of Policy Changes: We may update this Policy to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any changes, we will post the revised Policy on the ADT.com website. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.
How ADT Maintains Policy Compliance: ADT uses TRUSTe, an independent organization whose mission is to build users' trust and confidence in the internet by promoting the use of fair information practices. Because ADT wants to demonstrate its commitment to your privacy, ADT has agreed to disclose its information practices and have its privacy practices reviewed by TRUSTe.
Login to your ADT account to update your information. Periodically review this Policy, as we may update it.
How to Contact Us: You can contact us about this Policy by writing or emailing us at the address below:
ADT LLC dba ADT Security Services
P.O. Box 5035
Boca Raton, FL 33431-0835
If you do not receive acknowledgment of your inquiry or your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, you should then use TRUSTe's Feedback and Resolution System. TRUSTe will then serve as a liaison with ADT to help resolve your concerns.
We are here to help you and answer any questions you have. Please feel free to send us an email or send a letter in the mail.