If you have a home security system or are in the market for one, then remote home monitoring may be a feature at the top of your list. ADT access control provides remote monitoring for your Smartphone, iPad or web-enabled computer to see the status of your alarm. It also lets you to be automatically contacted by email, text or cell phone when there’s been an incident at your home. All it takes is the installation of a wireless home security network, which then lets you monitor your home security system as easily as you check your e-mail or send text messages.
Features of remote home monitoring:
- Ability to check your home security and other alarm systems.
- Arm and disarm your system.
- Adjust your thermostats and lights.
- Specify alert criteria so you’re notified by text, e-mail or call if there’s a fire, intrusion or temperature control problem.
- View security camera feeds.
What you need to know
Not all home security companies offer interactive services such as home automation or having the ability to arm and disarm your alarm remotely. The most advanced security systems, such as ADT Pulse, let you connect electric and electronic devices to your home network. Once connected you have the ability check on your home, family or pet, 24 hours a day from almost anywhere in the world.