https://www.alarm.com/blog/work-worries-business-research-survey  https://www.adt.com/business/products  https://www.adt.com/business/
Worry Is Draining, but Does it Also Cost Your Business Time and Money?
How much time do you spend worrying about your business every day? A recent study by Alarm.com and OnePoll found that the average American business owner loses 44 minutes of productive time every day to work worries such as cashflow, time management, employee reliability, security, bills, and the economy.
These seemingly innocent 44 minutes a day add up over the course of a year, totaling 24 days’ worth of productive time, gone. And, with most business owners valuing their time at $50/hour, all this time adds up to a total loss of about $10,000 per year.
Think about that. Something you, the business owner, are doing is costing your own business $10,000 per year.
The same study found that on average, 41% of business owners say they worry too much about work, while 35% bring their work worries home five days a week or more. 85% agree that work worries come with the territory of running a business. We won’t bore you by discussing percentages all day, but I believe that this last one is the most important: 74% of small business owners said they wouldn't trade places with someone with a traditional 9-to-5 job, despite their work worries.
We know you aren’t here to complain. We understand how important it is for you to take care of your business, even though it causes so many headaches. And we’re here to help you protect this business you built and alleviate those headaches.
New tools in smart security can help you manage common work worries, save time, reduce costs and stay in control, even when you’re not at work:
- Smart Video: allows you to keep an eye on employees, customers and facilities from your mobile device, whether you’re at home or away
- Smart Alerts: let you know if someone forgets to turn lights off or adjust the thermostat at the end of the day
- Smart Access Control: gives you the power to grant or deny access to employees and vendors using key cards or your mobile device while getting alerts when someone tries to enter a restricted area.
- Smart Reporting: allows you to uncover activities such as unexpected entry after hours, late open and early close, propped-open doors, unusually low customer traffic, etc.
- Our Smart Mobile App: lets you stay connected to your business, control everything from security to utilities, and manage one or multiple locations from a single interface.
Using these tools will not only allow your business to run more efficiently, it will also allow for you to be more confident in day-to-day operations. Your mind will be free to focus on bigger picture issues, and your business will be well protected.
Businesses of all sizes can benefit from the above tools, along with several other small and medium business solutions. To learn more about how we can help you and your business thrive, visit our adt.com/business.