Turn Alexa into Your Personal Security Assistant
A Seamless Addition to Your ADT System
The Alexa voice service is a seamless and easy way to access your ADT mobile app using just your voice. Ask Alexa to arm and disarm your system, control your lights and locks, and even open or close your garage door. Setup is as easy as adding a new skill to Alexa.
Alexa Becomes an Extension of the ADT Mobile App
- Ask Alexa to perform tasks you can perform through the ADT mobile app.
- Alexa recognizes specific names you assigned your devices in the ADT mobile app.
- Extend Alexa and the ADT app by adding more Amazon Echo devices around your home.
Safe & Sound
Alexa Guard extends the coverage of your smoke and CO sensors.
How Alexa Guard Works
- Alexa detects audio events while you’re away*.
- Alexa automatically sends the audio clip to ADT.
- ADT alerts help if there’s an emergency.
*Requires Internet connectivity, a compatible Echo device, and enrollment in Amazon Alexa app and ADT interactive services. ADT relies on the receipt of audio clips from Alexa to provide monitoring services.
Alexa Can Control Numerous
“Alexa, arm ADT in Away mode.”
“Alexa, turn on the Bedroom Light.”
“Alexa, lock the Front Door Lock.”
“Alexa, set the Kitchen temperature to 75 degrees."
“Alexa, disarm ADT.”
“Alexa, dim the Living Room Lamp.”
“Alexa, unlock the Kitchen Door Lock.”
“Alexa, decrease the Bedroom temperature.”
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are just some of the more common commands you can use.
Security System - You can Arm, Disarm and Query your security system.
- Alexa, arm ADT in Away mode.
- Alexa, arm ADT in Stay mode.
- Alexa, disarm ADT.
- Alexa, is ADT armed?
Lights – Control your smart lights with Alexa
- Alexa, turn on the Bedroom Light.
- Alexa, turn off the Porch Light.
- Alexa, dim the Living Room Lamp.
- Alexa, dim the Living Room Light to 25%.
Locks – You can Lock, Unlock and Query your smart locks with Alexa
- Alexa, lock the Front Door Lock.
- Alexa, unlock the Kitchen Door Lock.
- Alexa, is the Front Door locked?
Thermostats – You can control your connected thermostats with Alexa
- Alexa, set the Kitchen temperature to 75 degrees.
- Alexa, decrease the Bedroom temperature.
- Alexa, increase the Living Room temperature.
- Alexa, what is the temperature in the house?
- Alexa, what is my thermostat set to?
Note: it’s important that you use the name you assigned to your ADT home automation devices in the Pulse portal and the voice code you set up in the Alexa app as part of the command. For commands that require a voice code, you’ll say: “Alexa, disarm my system.” Then it’ll prompt you for the voice code as a response.
Everyone at ADT is committed to your security, using our knowledge and expertise to keep you safe 24/7.
Get peace of mind knowing you can look in on your home with live video, and store video clips to watch later.
Fire, Home & Safety
Immediate detection and quick response times help protect you from intrusion, fires and more.
Relax, our monitoring centers are on the job 24/7, ready to notify you and local emergency services to any danger.