Below are just some of the more common Alexa commands you can use.
Security System - You can Arm, Disarm and Query your security system.
- Alexa, arm ADT in Away mode.
- Alexa, arm ADT in Stay mode.
- Alexa, disarm ADT.
- Alexa, is ADT armed?
Lights – Control your smart lights with Alexa
- Alexa, turn on the Bedroom Light.
- Alexa, turn off the Porch Light.
- Alexa, dim the Living Room Lamp.
- Alexa, dim the Living Room Light to 25%.
Locks – You can Lock, Unlock and Query your smart locks with Alexa
- Alexa, lock the Front Door Lock.
- Alexa, unlock the Kitchen Door Lock.
- Alexa, is the Front Door locked?
Thermostats – You can control your connected thermostats with Alexa
- Alexa, set the Kitchen temperature to 75 degrees.
- Alexa, decrease the Bedroom temperature.
- Alexa, increase the Living Room temperature.
- Alexa, what is the temperature in the house?
- Alexa, what is my thermostat set to?
Note: It’s important that you use the name you assigned to your ADT Pulse devices in the ADT portal and the voice code you set up in the Alexa app as part of the command. For commands that require a voice code, you’ll say: “Alexa, disarm my system.” Then it’ll prompt you for the voice code as a response.
Download the Amazon Alexa and ADT Pulse Quick Start Guide here.