Home automation has come a long way, especially in the area of home lighting control. Automated lighting used to mean a timer. Simply plug your lamp into a timer and plug the timer into the wall socket. Then, set the timer to the time you want the light to go on and off and like clockwork the light went on and off accordingly. Then there was the wireless lighting control. You may remember the 'Clapper®.' All you needed to do was clap your hands and the light goes on. Clap again and the light goes off, although the Clapper may not be considered true wireless lighting.
The Benefits of Wireless Lighting
Times have changed and so has home automation. Today’s smart technology is affordable and with products like ADT Pulse, offers security, energy efficiency and convenience in one. Having home lighting automation means you can schedule your interior lights to come on at a certain time of the day or day of the week.
Addition benefits include:
- Exterior lights can be automated.
- If you change your mind and are away from home, simple use your smart phone, iPad or web enabled computer to change the timing.
- Some systems adjust automatically for daylight savings.
- Turning on automatically when you enter a room.
- Can flash to signal the doorbell or a phone ringing.
- Can turn on if your security system detects an intruder.
With automated home lighting control you can activate your lights digitally or remotely, when you want and never when you don’t. Plus, it’s a feature that can add resale value to your home. There’s one other benefit –peace of mind knowing you’re coming home to a well lit and inviting home.
ADT News and Tips
Health & Senior Safety
Find valuable advice for living safely and independently.