THE ADT PASS THE PROTECTION CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Contest Period: The ADT Pass the Protection Contest (the “Contest”) begins 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET“) on February 2, 2020 and ends 11:59 p.m. ET on March 16, 2020 (the “Contest Period”).
- Eligibility: The Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and DC, who are 18 years of age or older and a homeowner as of February 1, 2020 (as defined below). Employees of ADT LLC (“Sponsor”), Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (“Administrator”) ADT Authorized Dealers, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and the immediate family members of their employees or those residing in the same household are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law and subject to all federal, state and local laws.
- How to Enter the Contest: There are three (3) ways to enter the Contest, as follows:
- Via Twitter: During the Contest Period, you (“Entrant”) may enter by tweeting a photo or video with a caption to your Twitter feed telling us who/what you want to protect and why. In the caption, you must: 1) include the hashtags #PassTheProtection and #Contest; 2) tag and follow @ADT; and 3) tag up to three (3) friends in your tweet for your entry (the “Twitter Entry”) to be considered eligible. You must have a public Twitter account. If you do not have a Twitter account, and you would like to create one for free, visit www.Twitter.com. Potential winner will be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the email address/Twitter account associated with the Twitter Entry. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the Entrant will be deemed the account holder of the Twitter account used to submit the Twitter Entry.
- Via Instagram: During the Contest Period, you may enter by visiting the Instagram application, and uploading a photo or video with a caption to your Instagram feed telling us who/what you want to protect and why. In the caption, you must: 1) include the hashtags #PassTheProtection and #Contest; 2) tag and follow @adtsecurity; and 3) tag up to 3 friends in your post for your entry (the “Instagram Entry”) to be considered eligible. You must have a public Instagram account. If you do not have an Instagram account, and you would like to create one for free, download the free Instagram app to your mobile device at either the Apple® App Store or the Google® Play store. Potential winner will be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the Instagram account associated with the Instagram Entry. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the Entrant will be deemed the account holder of the Instagram account used to submit the Instagram Entry.
- Via Facebook: During the Contest Period, you may enter by logging into your Facebook account and visiting the ADT Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ADT, to view the Contest Post (the “Facebook Post”). Then, post a reply comment to the Facebook Post telling us who/what you want to protect, along with a photo or video showing us what/who you want to protect and why. In the reply comment, you must: 1) include the hashtags #PassTheProtection and #Contest; and 2) tag up to 3 friends in your comment for your entry (the “Facebook Entry”) to be considered eligible. You must have a public Facebook account. If you do not have a Facebook account, and you would like to create one for free, visit www.Facebook.com. Potential winner will be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the Facebook account associated with the Facebook Entry. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the Entrant will be deemed the account holder of the Facebook account used to submit the Facebook Entry.
Twitter Entries, Instagram Entries and Facebook Entries will be collectively referred to as “Entries”. If Entry features additional people in photo or video, you must make them aware that you are submitting their image in this Contest and by uploading this photo/video you are verifying that you have consent from those in the photo/video to upload it. If an additional person is a minor is his/her state of primary residence, Entrant must be parent or legal guardian of minor depicted. Entries must be in English. Entries that do not meet the requirements set forth in these Official Rules will be disqualified. All Entries must be completed and submitted by 11:59p.m. ET on March 16, 2020, to be eligible. Limit of one (1) Entry per person. Entries received in excess of the limitation will be void. Use of any automated or computer system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service may apply. If entering via mobile device, normal phone/data and usage charges imposed by your phone service may apply. Standard data rates may apply if entering via mobile device. Each Entrant grants to Sponsor a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual and non-exclusive right and license to use, copy, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, edit, translate, publically perform and publically display and create derivative works from and display each submitted Entry, in any media, and with right to use, copy, modify, edit, and create derivative works there from, and agrees to waive any and all moral rights that the Entrant may have in the Entry with respect to the uses contemplated herein, and to execute documents confirming such right and license at Sponsor’s reasonable request. No information regarding Entries, other than as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules, will be disclosed. By entering, you understand that your Entry (or portion thereof) may be posted online, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to be viewed by members of the general public.
- Entry Guidelines: All Entries must adhere to the following Entry Guidelines and these Official Rules of the Contest. Any Entry that does not adhere to these Entry Guidelines or the requirements set forth in these Official Rules is subject to disqualification from the Contest:
- Entry may not contain, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion:
- Content that includes phrases, trademarked material or other third party materials.
- The names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without permission; or look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private figures, living or dead;
- Content that promotes any illegal activity; promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message; is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group;
- Personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses or other identifying information of any person or entity other than you.
- Material that is inappropriate, indecent, sexually explicit or suggestive; unnecessarily violent, profane, obscene, hateful, tortuous, derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, (including using words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group).
- Content which violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination, and false advertising).
- Content that promotes violence or engages in, encourages, advocates, discusses with the intent to commit, or provides instructions for conduct that would constitute a criminal or civil offense or would otherwise violate any federal, state, local or international law or rule.
- The Entry may not contain material or content for which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any other third party.
- Material or content that is, or may reasonably be considered to be, hate speech, whether directed at an individual or group, and whether based upon the race, sex, creed, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or language of such individual or group or that is otherwise unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership, corporation, or political body.
- Content that disparages slanders or libel persons or organizations associated with Sponsor or any other brands, companies, or individuals.
- Content or materials in which you impersonate another person or entity.
- Entry may not have been submitted previously in a contest of any kind or previously exhibited or displayed publicly (i.e., disclosed beyond your immediate circle of friends, business colleagues and family) through any means.
- Any Entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be disqualified. Entries must be suitable for presentation in a public forum, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
- Entrants and all submitted Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor's image as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, or Entry will not be posted.
- The Entry may not contain information known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading.
- The Entry must be your own original, unpublished work and should not contain, incorporate or reference any content that is owned by any third party or entity (other than Sponsor-owned), would require the consent of any third party or entity in any jurisdiction, or which infringes any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity, right of privacy, moral rights, and/or any other applicable personal or proprietary rights.
- Entry may not contain, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion:
- Judging to Determine Semi-Finalists/Finalists and Semi-Finalist/Finalist Notification: At the conclusion of the Contest Period, all eligible Entries will be judged by the Sponsor based on the following judging criteria: Originality/Creativity (40%); Best Depiction of what/who needs to be protected and why (40%); and Marketability (20%). The top ten (10) Entries that receive the highest scores by the judging panel will be deemed the potential Semi-Finalist Entries. Any tied Entries will be re-judged by the judges based 100% on the judging criteria “Best Depiction of what/who needs to be protected and why” to determine the applicable Semi-Finalist(s). Potential Semi-Finalists will be initially notified via Instagram/Twitter/Facebook Direct Message/comment (as applicable), and must respond within twenty-four (24) hours of notification attempt or prize may be forfeited and an alternate Semi-Finalist may be determined. Potential Semi-Finalists (or parent/legal guardian if Entrant is a minor in his/her state of residence) will then be required to sign and return, a Declaration of Eligibility and liability and publicity release (where legal) and assignment of rights (“Declaration”), except where prohibited, within three (3) calendar days of notification. If a potential Semi-Finalist fails to reply within twenty-four (24) hours, fails to return the completed Declaration within three (3) calendar days, or if Declaration is returned as undeliverable or if a potential Semi-Finalist is deemed ineligible, an alternate Semi-Finalist may be determined. Declarations will be sent to potential Semi-Finalists via email. Once Semi-Finalists complete and return the required Declaration and are deemed eligible, each Semi-Finalist will continue to the secondary judging round via video chat interview (“Interview”). Semi-Finalists will be notified via email to schedule the Interview. Sponsor will determine date/time and duration of Interview. Failure to respond within 48 hours of notification attempt or failure to participate in the Interview during the scheduled time will result in disqualification. Semi-Finalists will then be re-judged based 100% on their responses to the Interview questions to determine five (5) Finalists. Any tied Semi-Finalists will be re-judged by different judges based 100% on their responses to the Interview questions, to determine the Finalists.
- Determination of the Grand Prize Winner and Grand Prize Notification: Once the Finalists are determined, Sponsor will perform a background check. Finalists agree to provide any verification or authorizations necessary in connection with the background check. Sponsor will have the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Finalist if the background check and/or Interview of such Finalist reveals conduct, information or history that, in Sponsor’s determination, may be harmful to Sponsor and/or Jonathan or Andrew Scott (p/k/a Drew Scott) or Sponsor’s and/or Jonathan or Andrew Scott’s (p/k/a Drew Scott) image or reputation or with which Sponsor and/or Jonathan or Andrew Scott (p/k/a Drew Scott) do not wish to be associated.
Once cleared based on the background check, Potential Finalists will be judged by Jonathan and/or Andrew Scott (p/k/a Drew Scott) (collectively, the “Scott Brothers”) (based on availability) based on the same judging criteria above to determine one (1) potential Grand Prize winner, subject to verification. Any tied Entries will be re-judged by the judges based 100% on the judging criterion “Best Depiction of what/who needs to be protected” to determine the potential Grand Prize winner.
Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may make a final recommendation based on the judging criteria above before the scores are tabulated. Potential Grand Prize winner (or parent/legal guardian if Entrant is a minor in his/her state of residence) will then be required to sign and return via email, a Grand Prize acceptance form within three (3) calendar days of notification attempt or Grand Prize winner status will be forfeited and an alternate Grand Prize winner may be determined (as outlined above). If the Grand Prize acceptance form is returned as undeliverable, or if the potential Grand Prize winner is deemed ineligible, potential Grand Prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate will be determined (as outlined above) from among the remaining Finalists.
As part of accepting the Grand Prize, Grand Prize winner agrees to participate in Sponsor-specified photo and video shoots before, during and after the winning home makeover. Sponsor will own such footage (including any footage from before, during and after photos/video) (the “Footage”) and may use the Footage as they see fit. Any individual(s) (or the parent/legal guardian of any minor individual) that will appear in the Footage may be subject to background check(s) and are required to (or have parent/legal guardian) sign and return, a Declaration, except where prohibited, within forty-eight (48) hours of notification.
All potential winners are subject to verification by Sponsor and/or Administrator, whose decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to the Contest. An Entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until Entrant’s eligibility has been verified and Entrant has been notified that verification is complete. No information regarding judging, other than as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules, will be disclosed.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV’s”): Grand Prize (1): A $250,000 Home Renovation on winner’s home only, and an ADT Smart Home Security System with three (3) years of monitoring service. Winner will be required to sign ADT’s residential services contract for monitoring services. If winner chooses to renew monitoring services, winner will be responsible to pay the monthly monitoring service fee of $72.99 per month until such time as winner cancels monitoring services. Upgrades during the three-year term, will be at Winner’s expense. Any upgrades after the three-year term are subject to additional fees and may increase winner’s monthly monitoring service fee based on equipment configuration and service selected. In addition, the Grand Prize Winner and the Grand Prize Winner’s home will be featured in an ADT video in Sponsor’s sole discretion. No additional compensation will be provided for participation in the video and Sponsor retains all rights in and to the video. There is no retail value associated with the video portion of prize. The maximum ARV of the Grand Prize is $257,986.
The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize (or portion of prize) with another prize/prize component or vendor/materials of equal or greater value if the prize (or portion of prize) is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Member(s) of the Scott Brothers’ team will consult with the local design and construction vendors for the renovation, who will be selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion, on a regular basis until a member of the Scott Brothers’ team has given final approval on design and construction. Construction may go until December 2020 and all details of the actual project will be in the Scott Brothers’ team and/or local design and construction vendor’s sole discretion and they will work directly with the homeowners to make arrangements. Renovation may include internal and/or external renovations to the home.
All services for the renovation will be performed during normal business hours (i.e., 8 a.m. through 5 p.m., Monday through Friday) or as otherwise dictated by member(s) of the Scott Brothers’ team and/or local design and construction vendors. All service times to be approved and confirmed by Sponsor and a member of the Scott Brothers’ team. All work areas to be free and clear of all obstructing electrical components and personal items. Winner shall maintain a current homeowner’s insurance policy in effect throughout the renovation period and will notify his/her insurer that the renovations are being done. Working conditions: Standard lighting, temperatures, access to electricity, restroom facilities and water to be available to Sponsor and whoever Sponsor deems necessary.
The value of the Grand Prize will be treated as income and the Grand Prize winner will be responsible for payment and reporting of all applicable federal, state, and local taxes. All federal, state and local, laws and regulations apply. Grand Prize Winner will be provided with an IRS FORM 1099 for income tax purposes. Any prize details that are not specified above will be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. Winner may not request cash or a substitute prize.
- General Rules: By participating in the Contest, Entrants/Semi-Finalists/Finalists agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator/Sponsor. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. The Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions or failures of any kind, including any injury or damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the Contest, lost, late stolen, misdirected, damaged, incomplete and/or garbled Entries, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any human error which may occur in the Contest. Consequently, Sponsor and its agencies are not liable in the event your Entry, is not captured due to the aforementioned reasons. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry or the operation of the Contest, or violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and determine the Semi-Finalists from Entries received prior to cancellation in accordance with these Official Rules. By participating in the Contest, each Entrant agrees that Jonathan Scott, Andrew Scott (p/k/a Drew Scott), Sponsor, Administrator, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and each of the foregoing parties’ respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, agents, retailers, advertising and Contest agencies, and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees and assigns, members, representatives and agents, as applicable (collectively, “Contest Entities”), will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by Entrant for any liability for any bodily injury, loss, cost or damages of any kind to persons, including death and property, damages sustained due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (a) Entry creation (if applicable); (b) the acceptance, possession, redemption, use or misuse of a prize or parts thereof, if applicable; or (c) participation in the Contest or participation in any Contest or prize related activity. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in the Contest or use or redemption of prize. By entering the Contest, you acknowledge that you, not Sponsor, are responsible for the content of any material submitted in relation to the Contest. Sponsor does not guarantee that you will have any recourse through Sponsor to edit or delete any material that you have submitted. None of the material that you submit shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of Sponsor and its third-party service providers and agents or their respective directors, officers and employees. By submitting an Entry, you also represent and warrant that you have the right to submit the Entry to Sponsor. You represent and warrant that the Entry is original, was created by you, and does not contain any material or information whose inclusion in the Entry and/or use by Sponsor in connection with Sponsor’s exploitation of the Entry hereunder would violate or infringe upon any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or persona, right of privacy or other personal or proprietary right of any person or entity or violate any law or regulation. You shall be solely responsible for any damages resulting from any infringement of copyrights, trade secret, right of publicity/privacy rights, or other rights, or any other harm resulting from your uploading, posting, or submission of any Entry to any site and you hereby agree to defend and indemnify the Contest Entities against all third party claims arising out of use of your Entry. Once potential Finalists/winners are confirmed, they may not display publicly their Entry beyond their immediate circle of friends, colleagues and family through any means. Sponsor is not in any way responsible for the content of the Entry or any comments provided by the public.
Without limiting the foregoing, everything regarding this Contest, including all prizes, are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusions of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply. Check local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions.
- Release and Grant of Rights: For the good and valuable consideration of participating in the Contest and having your Entry considered for use by Sponsor in the Contest or any of their websites and/or as otherwise detailed below, sufficiency of which, you hereby acknowledge, you hereby grant Contest Entities, successors, licensees and agents and those they may designate from time to time (all of the foregoing, the “Licensed Entities”), a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, fully sublicenseable and transferable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, transmit, display, and perform such Entry and Footage, in whole or in part, in any media, format or technology, whether now known or hereafter discovered, and in any manner including all promotional, advertising, marketing, publicity, and commercial uses and ancillary uses thereof, without any further notice or payment to or permission needed from you (except where prohibited by law). You also hereby grant to the Licensed Entities an unrestricted, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, fully sublicensable and transferable right to use your name, nickname, user name, likeness, biographical information, Entry, Footage, photos/videos and Interview (if applicable) (collectively “Personal Content”), in composite or distorted form or as otherwise incorporated into other creative works of authorship, in any media, format or technology, whether now known or hereafter discovered, and in any manner including all promotional, advertising, marketing, publicity, and commercial uses and ancillary uses thereof, without any further notice or payment to or permission needed from you (except where prohibited by law). Without limitation of the foregoing, submission of an Entry constitutes your agreement that the Licensed Entities are permitted (but are not obligated) to incorporate the Entry in online and offline promotional advertising, marketing, and/or other commercial materials, and to reproduce, adapt and distribute the Entry in all media whether now known or later developed. In addition, you hereby assign to the Sponsor all rights, titles, and interests that you may be deemed to have in any reproduction, product, or derivative work using or incorporating the Entry and any Footage (as applicable). You represent and warrant that: (i) you have the right to submit the Entry to Sponsor; (ii) the Entry is original and was created by you; (iii) the Entry does not and shall not infringe on any copyright or trademark or any other third-party right nor violate any applicable law or regulation; and (iv) you have the right to grant any and all necessary rights and licenses provided herein, including without limitation, all necessary copyright, trademark and other related rights to the Entry, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity. You hereby agree to defend and indemnify the Contest Entities against all third party claims arising out of use of your Entry. You waive any right to inspect or approve uses of the Entry, or to be compensated for any such uses. By submitting a Entry and submitting to have the Sponsor and Sponsor-selected judges judge your home, you hereby release and discharge, on behalf of yourself and your successors, assigns and representatives, the Licensed Entities and each of their respective officers, directors and employees from any and all claims, suits, actions, demands, liabilities and damages of any kind whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the following: use of such Entry or Personal Content, or any other rights granted to Sponsor by any of the Licensed Entities, including, without limitation, any and all claims for copyright infringement, invasion of privacy, violation of the right of publicity and persona, and/or defamation. Without limitation of the foregoing, in no event will you be entitled to, and you waive any right to, enjoin, restrain or interfere with use of the Entry or your Personal Content embodied in such Entry as permitted hereunder or the exploitation of any of the Licensed Entities’ rights hereunder. You further agree to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Licensed Entities from any and all claims that any commercial, advertising, presentation, web content or any other material subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of Licensed Entities infringes on your rights as contained in the Entry and Interview (if applicable). You agree that you shall have no right of approval, no claim to compensation or benefit, and no claim (including, without limitation, claims based upon invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, defamation, or right or publicity) arising out of any use of Entry or Personal Content or any editing, distortion, alteration, optical illusion, or use in partial or composite form, whether or not intentional.
- Disputes: The Contest and the Official Rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Florida, without regard to conflicts of law provisions. Entrants submit to exclusive personal jurisdiction in Florida and agree that any dispute shall be brought in the state and federal courts in Florida. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred; including costs associated with entering the Contest, but shall not include attorneys' fees. Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. If any provision of these Official Rules is deemed to be invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, such provision will be deemed to be modified or restricted to the extent and in the manner necessary to render the same valid and enforceable and these Rules will be construed and enforced to the maximum extent permitted by law as if such provision had been originally incorporated herein as so modified or restricted, or as if such provision had not been originally incorporated herein, as the case may be.
- Winner List: To obtain a copy of the winner list, send a self-addressed stamped envelope postmarked by May 29, 2020 to: ADT Pass the Protection Contest Winner List, Dept. SG, 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.
- Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor of this Contest is ADT LLC, 1501 Yamato Road, Boca Raton, FL 33431. The Administrator of this Contest is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. You understand that you are providing your information to ADT LLC and not to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.