Linking your ADT & Google accounts is a simple process that makes life easier for you! Once you've linked your ADT & Google accounts, you will gain access to Nest Aware - a monthly subscription from Google that unlocks many amazing features for your Nest Devices such as 30-day event video storage and familiar facial recognition.
How to Link ADT Pulse & Google Account and Set Up Nest Aware
Now that your Google Nest Doorbell is installed and working, it’s time to link your Nest Doorbell to your ADT Pulse account. This will unlock great features like smart notifications, Quiet Time, familiar face recognition so your camera recognizes regular visitors, and 30-day clip storage at no extra charge.
- Be sure that you have the latest version of the Pulse app on your smart device.
- iOS: version 10.0.1 or greater
- Android: 4.20 or greater
- Open your ADT Pulse app and tap on the hamburger menu at top left.
- Select Settings at the bottom.
- Scroll down to Partner Devices, then tap on Google Nest.
- Tap Start Setup
- Tap OK to open the Google Home app
- Select your Google account
- Choose the home to be connected to ADT Pulse, then tap Next.
- Tap Next to allow ADT Pulse to see information about your home.
- Select your Google Account.
- Choose the Google services that ADT can access, then tap Continue.
- Once that’s finished, tap to enter your Google Home app to set up your free Nest Aware subscription.
- Tap Set up ADT and Google.
- You’ll be asked to apply Nest Aware to your home. Tap the Apply button, and then the Setup button on the next screen.
- Choose your Video History plan. On the next screen, set your history preferences, then tap Next.
- From there, start the familiar face recognition setup by choosing the cameras you want to recognize familiar faces.
- Set up sound detection by selecting if you’d like to receive alerts from smoke alarms, CO alarms, or glass breaking. Next, select which devices you’d like to use for sound detection. All connected devices capable of detecting sound will be displayed here.
- To set up Emergency Calling, click Next, then confirm your address.
You’re all set! Enjoy safer, more convenient living with your new Nest Doorbell.