ADT uses the next generation of home security monitoring platforms, called SMART (System Monitoring and Response Technology). The ADT SMART MonitoringTM platform includes several technologies and platforms, including Alarm Messenger, working together to get our customers help faster.
ADT SMART Monitoring, through Alarm Messenger, notifies you of an intrusion alarm at your protected location. If an alarm is triggered, you and your designated emergency contacts will receive a text message with a link to an Alarm Messenger group chat. Verifying an emergency or canceling a false alarm is as fast and easy as answering a text message. Verified alarms reach 911 centers 8x* faster vs. traditional voice handling speeds.
* For participating 911 centers connected to ADT’s SMART monitoring, vs. traditional voice handling speeds (ADT call handling data Oct 2021-March 2022).
Here’s how it works:
- Upon enrollment, you AND your designated emergency contacts will receive a welcome message from ADT.
- Then, if there’s an event, ADT receives an alarm from your system and automatically sends you and your designated emergency contacts a message through a secure text link. The link takes you to an Alarm Messenger group chat platform, where you can message directly with your emergency contacts..
- Once you’ve clicked on the link and you’ve started the Alarm Messenger, you can either quickly verify the alarm and request emergency response or cancel the false alarm. You or one of your emergency contacts can add 60 more seconds once per session if additional time is needed.
- If your session expires, we’ll call the premises and the designated emergency contacts to verify the alarm.
- If we still don’t get a response, we’ll dispatch first responders.