How can I get my system serviced after a major storm?
For customers needing service calls or awaiting installation, we ask for patience as we may face higher than normal work volume resulting from storm damage or office closings. As always, your security is paramount, and we will work as quickly as possible to assist all customers.
Power Outage Issues
If your area has been affected by a power outage as a result of a storm, you may be dealing with one of the following common issues:
1. If your system is beeping, it may be because the backup battery has begun powering the system. Simply enter your keypad code and hit "disarm" to clear the alert. After power is restored, if beeping still occurs after 24 hours, please call 800.ADT.ASAP (800.238.2727).
2. If the panel shows "Comm Trbl" or a similar alert, enter your keypad code and hit "disarm" to clear the alert.
3. Once your power has been restored, the backup battery should recharge in about 24 hours. If the low battery condition persists, be sure to check the keypad display for any indications of system trouble. You can also look for the following common causes of low battery conditions:
- Unplugged control panel
- Tripped circuit breaker
- Outlet powering the alarm system is in need of repair.
If the keypad TROUBLE indicator remains on for 24 hours after power has been restored, the battery may need to be replaced. ADT has tailored several battery replacement options to assist our customers who have been impacted by a storm. If you want to replace the battery yourself, you can find instructions and videos on how to install batteries on MyADT.com.
If you are experiencing any issues with viewing your Pulse cameras please be aware that power and internet service may affect your ability to view your cameras.
If the system appears to have been damaged beyond repair, please take the following steps:
1. Contact ADT at 800.ADT.ASAP (800.238.2727) to have your service put on hold. We will then be able to credit your account for the period of time that the system has been out of operation.
2. Contact your insurance company. The system itself should be covered under your homeowner’s insurance policy. Your insurer will advise you as to how to proceed in having a new system installed.
After a major storm or natural disaster some customers experience issues with their system that can’t be fixed easily and require us to send a technician to the home. In order for us to be able to effectively service your system please ensure the following items are addressed prior to calling and scheduling a service call.
-Power to the home is on
-Phone lines are active (if applicable to your system)
-A Clear and safe path for the technician to get into your home or business
-Enough time has passed for the power to recharge the back-up battery. This can take 24-48 hours
-If the panel or component is located on a damaged wall, the wall will need to be repaired before scheduling a service call
Should you have questions about your ADT service that are not addressed here, please call 800.ADT.ASAP (800.238.2727) to speak with an ADT representative.