The ADT Video Doorbell Camera can be hardwired to an existing doorbell or used with a rechargeable battery pack. The battery-powered option comes with a rechargeable battery that will last up to 3 months with normal use before needing to be recharged.
ADT Video Doorbell for Pulse FAQs
Your ADT Video Doorbell Camera is charged using a common micro-USB cable (included with your battery-powered doorbell). The micro-USB cable can be plugged into any USB power source such as a computer. Your ADT Video Doorbell will take around 6 to 8 hours to fully charge.
To charge your ADT Doorbell battery you don’t need to detach the doorbell from the battery pack. Follow these simple steps to charge your ADT Doorbell:
- Press the tab on the bottom of the mounting bracket to release the battery pack
- Slide the doorbell upward to remove from mounting bracket
- Connect any micro-USB charger to the charging port in the battery
- Your battery is fully charged when the light on the battery shines a solid green
- Slide the fully charged doorbell and battery pack downward on the mounting bracket until you hear it click into place
When the doorbell camera is installed, you will have two automations already included – Pulse will capture a clip when there is doorbell motion or when the doorbell button is pressed. As always, you can add additional automations and alerts since the doorbell is considered a camera as part of the Pulse experience. For instance, you may choose to set up an alert from the web portal when your doorbell detects motion through the web portal.
- In the event of an extended power loss (1.5 hours or more), the device must recharge its internal battery before it can be connected. For a digital chime, the ADT Battery Powered Doorbell Camera will be sufficiently recharged to reconnect after 10 hours. The battery will be fully recharged in about 21 hours.
- For an analog chime, the ADT Battery Powered Doorbell Camera will be sufficiently recharged to reconnect after 3.5 hours. The battery will be fully recharged in 7 hours.
- The doorbell can be charged in about 45 min if removed from the bracket and charged via USB.
As part of the Pulse integration, you can change the state of your linked devices and security system when you see someone at the door. For instance, you can lock the door and arm the system if you see someone suspicious at the front door right through the Pulse app. Additionally, you can unlock the door and disarm the system if you want to allow your dog walker in. You can also navigate to the doorbell and start a conversation with the person at the door through live view.
After the device is installed, open the device drawer within the Pulse app and you will be prompted to add connected devices. Simply click “Link Devices”. The list of available devices will then be displayed. You can select up to six devices to link to the ADT Doorbell. Selecting the device will automatically link it to the doorbell and save the change. When you are finished, you can tap the "<" icon in the header of the Video Doorbell Settings screen to exit the screen and return to the doorbell live feed screen.