With ADT Commercial Smart Alerts, you’ll be able to verify alarms and help improve emergency response times—all while keeping your people and your property secure.
What is ADT Commercial Smart Alerts?
ADT Commercial Smart Alerts is a new way for ADT Commercial to notify you of an intrusion alarm at your commercial location. If an alarm is triggered, the designated account contacts will receive a text message with a link to an ADT Commercial Smart Alerts session.
Here’s how it works:
- Upon enrollment, the designated account contacts will receive a welcome message from ADT Commercial similar to this one:
[CUSTOMER SITE NAME] is enrolled in ADT Commercial Smart Alerts. Text STOP to stop or HELP for help/FAQs. MsgFreqVaries. Msg&DataRatesMayApply.
- When an alarm event occurs, ADT Commercial immediately sends the designated account contacts a text with a link to review the alarm and start a group chat.
- Once they’ve clicked on the link and they’ve started a chat in ADT Commercial Smart Alerts session, they have 80 seconds to either verify the alarm, cancel if it’s a false alarm, or execute a one-time request to extend the time by an additional 60 seconds to further evaluate the incident.
- While you can initiate the group chat function with other designated contacts, if no contact makes a selection to verify the alarm, cancel the alarm, or request more time within 80 seconds, ADT Commercial will follow standard operating procedure in an effort to verify the alarm.
- If no response is received through this attempt, ADT Commercial may elect to dispatch first responders.
Why are we changing the process?
Unanswered calls take away precious seconds during a potential emergency. ADT Commercial Smart Alerts helps address this issue by giving you a fast and easy way to let us know if there is a real emergency occurring at your business location. This results in fewer false alarms and a faster priority response during an actual emergency.
What makes the new process better?
The new process lets you quickly review information about your alarm, chat with other employees on your contact list and connect directly to the monitoring center to verify or cancel the alarm with the tap of a button within a matter of seconds. ADT Commercial Smart Alerts connects you and you designated contacts, and our monitoring center with better information – faster and easier. Plus, it helps make the most of resources during a real emergency.
How does ADT Commercial Smart Alerts change the alarm verification process?
- Alarm activated at your commercial location.
- The alarm system sends event-based information to the ADT Commercial monitoring center.
- ADT Commercial monitoring agent attempts to contact the designated contacts on the account to verify the alarm.
ADT Commercial Smart Alerts Process:
- Alarm activated at your commercial location.
- The alarm system sends event-based information to ADT Commercial monitoring center.
- ADT Commercial Smart Alerts then sends a text informing the account designated contacts of the event. A group chat session among designated contacts is initiated for 80 seconds to discuss the event, and either verify the alarm, cancel the alarm, or request an additional 60 seconds to evaluate the incident.
What does the Request Police button do?
It lets you quickly alert an ADT Commercial agent to call and have the local law enforcement dispatched to the protected commercial location.
What does the Cancel Alarm button do?
Exactly what you’d expect: It lets you inform ADT Commercial that an alarm is false, so we know not to take any action. However, it doesn’t cancel the alarm at your panel. Which means you’ll have to cancel it either directly on the alarm panel at your location, or via an authorized mobile device if you have remote system control as part of your service.
What does the Request More Time function do?
It gives you additional time – another 60 seconds – to determine one of two scenarios: 1) if the alarm is false and should be canceled, or 2) whether it’s legitimate and you want to request first responder assistance.
Who gets the link to the ADT Commercial Smart Alerts chat session?
Any designated contacts on your authorized contact list who have a valid mobile number will receive a text to join the chat session, unless they’ve opted out of ADT Commercial Smart Alerts by typing
STOP in response to an ADT Commercial monitoring text message.
Why would one of my contacts not have gotten the link?
- If their contact number isn’t a mobile number
- If their mobile number isn’t valid
- If they typed
STOPto a monitoring message
- If they called and asked us to remove them from receiving ADT Commercial Smart Alerts messages
What happens if I don’t select an option within the allotted time?
If we don’t receive a response via ADT Commercial Smart Alerts within 80 seconds, ADT Commercial will follow standard operating procedure in an effort to verify the alarm.
What happens if I don’t get to the ADT Commercial Smart Alerts chat session within the allotted time?
If you don’t get to ADT Commercial Smart Alerts within the allotted time – you have 80 seconds to select either Cancel, Request Police or Request Additional Time to verify the alarm – the signal will move to an agent, and we’ll follow our normal operating procedure of trying to verify the alarm. We will not call any pre-dispatch contacts that have already been notified via ADT Commercial Smart Alerts.
How much time do I get to interact with the buttons?
You have 80 seconds to select either Cancel, Request Police or Request Additional Time to verify the alarm. If anyone on the list requests more time, you’ll all get an additional 60 seconds to respond to the alarm.
Does the counter start once I click on the link or before?
The countdown begins when the alert is transferred from our systems and the text message is sent to all designated contacts.
Why would I not be able to tap the buttons when I go into the chat session?
Once an ADT Commercial Smart Alerts contact selects one of the responses to the alarm (Cancel, etc.), all option buttons will be grayed out and none of the chat participants can make additional selections.
Someone in the session clicked Cancel, but I think the police should be dispatched. What should I do?
Call ADT Commercial at (855) 238-2666 immediately.
Can I still call ADT Commercial?
Will ADT Commercial still call me to verify the alarm?
If you took an action within the ADT Commercial Smart Alerts platform, such as Cancel or Request Police, we won’t need to call you.
How long does the ADT Commercial Smart Alerts link stay active?
The ADT Commercial Smart Alerts link is active for 1 hour. However, you and your contacts only have 80 seconds to respond to an ADT Commercial Smart Alerts message, with the option for an additional 60 seconds if anyone on the list requests more time. ADT Commercial Smart Alerts contacts can still click on the link to review the incident for 1 hour after the alarm was received.
What will happen if there are multiple alarms?
If another alarm comes through for the same account simultaneously or immediately following and is of a higher priority than the first alarm, the hold time is immediately terminated and the response buttons within ADT Commercial Smarts Alerts are disabled. The ADT Commercial monitoring center will then follow the normal operating procedure in an effort to verify the alarm.
If we were to receive another alarm for the same location later that same day, or at a subsequent date or time, a message would be sent to alert authorized contacts and the process would begin anew.
How can I opt-out one of my ADT Commercial Smart Alerts emergency contacts?
If you wish to have one of your emergency contacts opted-out of receiving ADT Commercial Smart Alerts communications, please update your contact list in eSuite, or email our ADT Commercial Customer Care team at email@example.com.
What happens if I cancel an alarm on my keypad during an ADT Commercial Smart Alerts session?
If you cancel an alarm on your keypad while the ADT Commercial Smart Alerts session is active, the cancellation will display in the Activity Feed and you will no longer be able to select an option via ADT Commercial Smart Alerts.