Video Security System: How it Works
You work hard to provide your family with the safety and home security they deserve. But your busy life sometimes takes you away from them. ADT has a home security camera systems for you to see that everything's all right with your own eyes — ADT® Safewatch VideoView®
ADT Safewatch VideoView
With Safewatch VideoView surveillance equipment, you can see video from your home from almost anywhere in the world! You get a home security camera system with up to 12 indoor or outdoor color cameras that can be viewed from any web-enabled computer, cell phone or PDA*. Or you can view a video from any room in the house on any connected TV** or dedicated monitor!
- See who's at the door before you open it
- Confirm your teenagers have arrived safely home from school
- Watch the baby while you get things done around the house
- Check in on your home from the office or while away on vacation or business travel
- Look in on vacation or second homes
- Receive email alerts at the first sign of trouble
- View video from your web enabled cell phone or PDA
- Record up to 30 seconds of each triggered event
- Save up to 30 days of continuous activity with a DVR
ADT Safewatch VideoView helps protect your privacy with data encryption and security features similar to those utilized for online banking and credit card transactions. The home security surveillance video is safe and only available to you!
Anatomy of a Home Security Camera System
Video is captured using security cameras located throughout your home — both inside and out.
The Video Gateway collects these images and connects to the MyADTVideo.com server.
The images are available via a secure website.
View video from your home on any connected TV**, dedicated monitor or a PC.
When you are away from home, access video via any web-enabled PDA or cell phone.
Home security cameras and Video Surveillance systems can help you prevent break-ins!
* Cellular data providers may charge data transfer fees for accessing this system on wireless devices.
** May not be compatible with certain television models.