Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Will my monitoring services be interrupted when I move to ADT?
A: Your monitoring services are planned to be transitioned from your former security provider to ADT without interruption.
Q: If I have an emergency, should I call ADT first?
A: If you have an emergency, please call 911 first.
Q: How do I test my alarm system?
A: ADT recommends that you test your alarm system monthly to ensure that your system is communicating with our Customer Monitoring Center. To test your system, follow these three easy steps.
- Call the Customer Monitoring Center at 1-800-662-5378 and follow prompts. Inform the operator that you would like to place your system “On Test.” ADT will not call you or dispatch the police during your test.
- Arm your system. Wait two minutes, and then set off your alarm by opening a protected door or window. Your alarm siren will sound. Wait another two minutes before disarming your system with your keypad code.
- Call the Customer Monitoring Center to take the system “Off Test.” Review any issues with us that you may have found during the test, and verify that your test alarm signal was received.
The Customer Monitoring Center can also help you test each protected door, window and device on your system at your request.
Q: Who do I call if my alarm system is not working properly?
A: If your alarm system is not functioning properly, call ADT at 1-800-662-5378 for support or to schedule a service visit.
Q: When does ADT perform service calls?
A: ADT provides service from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Q: How do I update my emergency contact list?
A: To update your emergency contact list, please call 1-800-662-5378 or visit www.myadt.com with your changes. Have your personal identification code ready. Discuss with everyone on your emergency contact list what to do should they receive a call from ADT.
Q: Will I need a new Certificate of Service for my homeowner’s insurance company?
A: You will not require a new Certificate of Service after your switch to ADT.
Q: Are there any promotions available for a new system if I move to a new home?
A: ADT will provide you with a special Premium Mover’s Package. This package includes a FREE ADT Security System for your new home PLUS an additional 25% discount on upgrades (a value of up to $749!). Call 1 -800-662-5378 to schedule your installation.
Q: Will I receive a new ADT yard sign?
A: You can request a new yard sign at by clicking on the Request a Yard Sign link. Please complete the form provided and yard sign will be shipped to you.
Q: Will I receive a paper invoice in the mail?
A: ADT will only send you a paper statement in the mail if there is a balance due. If you have signed up for automated payments, once the automatic charges to your bank account or credit card are reflected on your account, ADT will no longer mail you paper statements. You can view your ADT statements online at www. ADT.com/paymybill.
Q: How can I pay my bill?
A: For added convenience, ADT now offers multiple ways for you to pay your bill.
- Automated Payments – You can set up automatic withdrawals from your checking/savings account or credit card by calling 1-800-662-5378. Please allow 1-2 billing cycles for this change to take effect.
- Online – You can now make a one-time payment online with a checking/savings account or credit card by visiting www.ADT.com/paymybill.
- By Phone – Call ADT Customer Service at 1-800-662-5378 and press option 4 to request to make a one-time payment with your checking/savings account or credit card. Have your ADT Customer Number available. A convenience fee may be applied for this transaction.
- By Mail – Remit your invoice with the amount due to the payment address on your invoice. Please allow up to five business days for ADT to receive and process your payment.
Q: What should I expect on my first bill?
A: Your invoice from ADT may show the following charges:
- Advanced services charges for the next billing cycle.
- Taxes on service charges as required by your state and local municipality.
- Alarm use permit fees as required by your state or local municipality.
Q: How do I view my bill online?
A: You can view your bill online at www.ADT.com/paymybill. You will need to register your account to view your information over the secure ADT network.
Q: How do I update my personal billing account information (name, phone number, e-mail address)?
A: You may make changes to your personal account information in one of the following ways:
- Make the changes in the space provided on the back of your invoice and remit with your payment.
- Call the ADT Account Service Center at 1-800-662-5378.
- Submit your request in writing with all the required information to:
ADT Shared Account Services
14200 East Exposition Avenue
Aurora, CO 80012
Q: Will there be any changes in my monthly monitoring rate?
A: There will be no changes in your rate when you transition to ADT.
Q: Will my bill due date or payment date change?
A: As we transition your account from your former security provider to ADT, a change in the bill due date (invoice customers) or payment date (auto debit customers) may occur. If a change will occur, these details along with your new bill due date or payment date will be summarized in your welcome packet.
Top of page